If you are a “Jack and Kate” fan as I am you probably liked this episode.
Here is what we learned:
Jack changes his mind about visiting Kate and Aaron. Jack and Kate restart their steamy romance.
Jack visits Hurley. Calls him crazy and disowns him. But hears from Hurley that he is not to raise Aaron.
Hurley has spoken to Charlie (who died last season). Hurley warns Jack that he too will be getting a visitor. That visitor is his dead father.
Juliet saves Jacks life with the help of Bernard while Kate helps.
Jack wants to be a father and Kate thinks he would be a good one. Jack loves Kate and asks her to marry him which she agrees to but…
Jack starts popping pills with alcohol when he sees his dead father. Kate won’t let Jack stay at her house around Aaron. And to make matters worse, Kate is helping Sawyer and not telling Jack about it.
On the island, Miles, Sawyer, Claire and Aaron find the buried bodies of Carl and Danielle. They are almost captured by Keany and his men (who are beaten up from the Smoke monster’s attack).
Jin makes a deal with Charlotte (who speaks Korean!) to get Sun and baby off the island.
Claire wakes up to find her Dad (also Jack’s dad) holding Aaron. She goes off into the jungle with him. Aaron is left behind but Claire disappears. LOST.
There seems to be more time jumping (or time “mazes”) in this episode. The scene when Jack and Kate are first together could be a flash forward or is it a flash back. We noticed Jack’s beard stubble was a little different and that the Yankees had beaten the Red Sox in the “series”. By the way, this scene is similar to the famous scene in Dallas when Bobby Ewing is in the shower and tells everyone it was all a dream (hiding the fact that his character made no appearances in the previous year’s episodes).
Kate says the same thing to Jack that his Dad told him, “Just let it go”. Which seems to indicate that Kate knows more about what is going on than Jack does. But she still loves him and I do not think she is doing anything wrong (although when Sawyer is involved you never know).
Christian Shepherd is no longer dead. Actually he is dead and is jumping through time. And he makes many creepy appearances in this episode. If you are trying to keep track…. Christian is Jack’s and Claire’s father but through different relationships. Jack and Claire are bother and sister, but are not aware of it yet. And that makes Aaron Jack’s nephew. But Kate treats Aaron like her son, humm…
Daniel likes Charlotte and Charlotte knows this but is not letting on. Jin uses this to his advantage to get Charlotte to agree to take Claire and Aaron off the island in the helicopter. She also knows Korean but is keeping it a secret. So maybe she knew that Sun and Jin were on the island before she arrived there. Charlotte asks Jin why not rescue everyone on the island as well, but Jin does not answer. Does he know that he is not getting off the island?
I think we pretty much know what is going to happen next. Jack in a jealous rage is going to leave Kate and continue his downward spiral of drugs and alcohol until we see him next meeting Kate at the airport (as occurred in the final episode from season 3).
- What is Kate doing for Sawyer and why is it a secret. Whatever is going on Sawyer must be close by or maybe Kate is travelling back to the island (just like Ben could quickly travel off the island).
- Is Hurley really crazy (i.e. seeing visions) or is Charlie really there, just like Christian Shepherd? Why does Jack go against his advice and not tell Kate what Hurley said “you should not raise him (Aaron)?
- What did Juliet mean when she said that Jack was trying to convince himself he did not love someone else?
- Why does Charlotte know Korean and is keeping this knowledge secret?
- Is MIles seeing something in Claire raising Aaron as the psychic Richard Malkin saw? The psychic told Claire not to allow anyone to raise the baby but her. Of course we know that Kate is raising the baby now. Is something bad going to happen? BTW it is cool to see Sawyer protecting Claire and her baby. I wonder if he is thinking about his own little girl Clementine?
- What will happen next week? Will we see some other folks get off the island? And what will Keany do?
Feel free to leave you comments here or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to get your reactions and thoughts on this episode. And be sure to stay tuned for the podcast coming soon.